The cost of higher education has been steadily increasing over the past four decades and that's not changing
Universities and other advanced schools of learning seem to be raising their prices at an alarming rate. Higher education costs have ballooned over 538% since 1985. To put this in perspective, healthcare has increased more than 286% and the consumer price index has gone up 121%. That means education costs are over four times what they were thirty years ago.
No wonder people are complaining. But with these price increases come a greater quality and a better educational experience than what was to be had twenty or thirty years ago. Whether college is a better overall experience than before is individual and subjective.
- What You'll Actually Pay At 1,550 Colleges : Planet Money : NPR ›
- Average Cost of College: Understanding True College Expenses ›
- The Real Cost of College | Affordable Schools ›
- Underestimating the True Cost of College | US News ›
- Understanding the Cost of College - NerdWallet ›
- The Real Cost of College - The Atlantic ›