For too long we've been told that "Black" politics would scare away moderates
First thing's first: I need white people to stop treating Stacey Abrams like their savior.
Deification, a form of dehumanization, strips a person of their humanity and turns them into a symbol. By overhyping Stacey Abrams, white people assert their goodness on the back of a Black woman, trying to be woke by association.
While Abrams deserves much praise, we cannot continue to place superhuman expectations upon her. We also cannot act like she was solely responsible for discovering a secret to turning Georgia blue. The reality is that Stacey Abrams worked tirelessly alongside other dedicated organizers to address the voter suppression Black people have been fighting in Georgia for decades.
- (BVM) Capacity Building Institute ›
- Black Voters Matter ›
- Trump and the G.O.P. Lost Georgia. Black Voters Won It | The New ... ›
- Black voters powered Democrats to victory in the Georgia Senate ... ›
- Detailed Turnout Data Shows How Georgia Turned Blue - The New ... ›
- Black Voters Matter Co-Founder: Black Voters In Georgia Fuel 'New ... ›
- Joe Biden's "You Ain't Black" Comment Is So Far Out of Touch ... ›
- Black Power, White Money: Ice Cube and Lil Wayne's Support of ... ›
- Why the Georgia Runoffs Are So Important - Popdust ›