How founded are the concerns about the app's security?
Say what you want about TikTok, but there's no question that the app is a massive success.
TikTok has surpassed 2 billion downloads and set a record for app installs in a single quarter, making it one of the most popular apps of all time. But as concerns about the security of the Chinese owned social media network mount, TikTok's future in the United States is looking more and more uncertain.
On Friday, President Trump told reporters that he would ban TikTok from operating in the United States through emergency economic powers or an executive order. This comes after concerns about the apps use of data, particularly the concern that the Chinese government has access to the data the app gathers from American users.
TikTok fans immediately expressed their concern, with one user, Ehi Omigie, saying, "Everyone is live right now," in a livestream on the app Friday night after news of Trumps statement spread. "Everyone is going cray cray ... If it does happen, follow me on Instagram."
- Beyond TikTok: Who else might President Trump ban? - BBC News ›
- Is This The Real Reason Why Trump Wants To Ban TikTok? ›
- Trump says he's banning TikTok in the U.S. ›
- Trump Announces He Will Ban TikTok - YouTube ›
- How the Trump administration could 'ban' TikTok - The Verge ›
- Late-night hosts mock Trump's possible US ban of TikTok - CNN Video ›
- Gen Z ›
- The Meme of American Politics: How Bloomberg Is Buying the 2020 ... ›
- Jeffrey Epstein Didn't Kill Himself: A Revolutionary Meme - Popdust ›
- What Repercussions Do These Racist TikTok Teens "Deserve ... ›