Maryland crab picking factories are wanting for workers, but America's current immigration policy is keeping seasonal workers out of the country.
One unforeseen consequence of our current immigration policy is the way in which it hurts American business, the very thing these policies claim to protect. On the one hand, illegal immigrants allow business owners to hire workers at a fraction of the market rate due to these workers' precarious position. This is the sort of thing that ought to be eliminated in the interest of providing fair pay to the entire American workforce.
- Trump's tighter immigration restrictions causing 'crab crisis' in ... ›
- Crab crisis: Anti-immigrant hysteria costs Hoopers Island jobs ... ›
- Many Maryland crab houses expect to go without immigrant workers ... ›
- Crab crisis: Maryland seafood industry loses 40 percent of work ... ›
- Trump's Immigration Policy Is Wrecking the Maryland Crab Industry ... ›