You could resign if you want to, but then who will keep America so GD great?
With Donald Trump making a visit to Bangor, Maine today, the editorial board of the Portland Press Herald issued an op-ed calling for President Trump to resign.
The harshly critical piece entitled "To President Trump: You Should Resign Now" was framed as an open letter to the president and got straight to the point with this opening plea, "We're sorry that you decided to come to Maine, but since you are here, could you do us a favor? Resign."
In recent days even George W. Bush has been critical of President Trump's response to protests, so this new piece quickly became a trending topic on Twitter. Obviously this is another baseless attack from the lying news media—AKA lügenpresse. Considering how delicate our president's ego is—he's our special little guy—we can only hope that Donald Trump didn't see the letter; but just in case he did, it's worth writing another one to lift his spirits. So here's our best attempt—with lots of pictures and flattery to keep him reading:
- Maine Newspapers to Trump: “You Should Not Be Here” and “Resign” ›
- One of Maine's Largest Newspapers Calls on Trump to Resign as ... ›
- Portland Press Herald calls for Trump to resign as he prepares to ... ›
- To improve the US coronavirus response, Donald Trump should resign ›
- Our View: To President Trump: You should resign now - Portland ... ›