The press is under siege, but it hasn't stopped great journalists from doing their job.
Last week, Luke O'Brien, a writer for the Huffington Post, penned an article which revealed the person behind the Twitter handle @AmyMek (real name: Amy Jane Mekelberg), an account dedicated to peddling racist garbage predominantly aimed at Muslims. O'Brien's story itself quickly gets muddled in minutia (albeit interesting minutia), revealing various details about Mekelberg's life. As one can imagine, the article was met with scorn from Mekelberg's many fans, but things took a distinctly violent turn over the past few days, with O'Brien receiving death threats online. Over the course of Donald Trump's presidency, rhetoric against the mainstream press has become increasingly malignant.
- This is no 'golden age' of journalism. These are the news media end ... ›
- Carl Bernstein: The "Golden Age" of Investigative Journalism Never ... ›
- A Golden Age For Journalism - Business Insider ›
- Amid Trump's Assaults on the Press, a Golden Age for Journalism ... ›
- The Golden Age of Journalism? | HuffPost ›