Healthy food is in, and it's not as pricey as it used to be.
Farm-to-table is a growing food trend that emphasizes the use of locally grown produce in restaurants and school cafeterias. Whether accomplished via a direct sales partnership, restaurateurs shopping at local farmers markets, or some sort of community-based program, farm-to-table has become an important staple in the broader societal push towards healthier food. This movement isn't just about paying local farms however. It's real purpose is to give consumers firsthand knowledge of how the produce and livestock that end up in their food are raised, and there's often an implied (but not guaranteed) commitment to keeping these products pesticide and hormone free. Essentially, the farm-to-table movement is designed to provide healthier food options by cutting out commercial vendors.
- Home - Farm to Table Western PA ›
- Here's What Actually Happens at a Farm-to-Table Restaurant - Health ›
- The Health And Community Benefits Of Farm To Table Dining ... ›
- How the Farm to Table Trend Can Create a Healthier Lifestyle ›
- Here are five benefits of farm-to-table eating - The San Diego Union ... ›