"In a racist society it is not enough to be non racist. We must be anti-racist." - Angela Davis
Yesterday, Tony McDade was shot in cold blood by a white cop.
Last week we lost Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery to police violence.
These racist killings of innocent people—reminiscent of lynchings, indicative of the systems of oppression of people of color and particularly Black people that have only morphed and grown more insidious over the years—have many people feeling motivated to join the ongoing fight against police brutality and racism in America, while others are feeling the call to deepen their involvement and join in protests.
Wherever you are, the best place to start is always with education, and the Internet is full of resources carefully compiled by people trained in anti-oppression, people who are sharing free resources in the hopes that they might help mobilize movements in the fight for justice.
- Artists Fight Coronavirus-Related Racism on Instagram | KQED ›
- How activist Rachel Cargle built a business by calling out racial ... ›
- Are You Less Privileged Than Chelsea Handler? - Popdust ›
- Ari Lennox Takes on Internalized Racism - Popdust ›
- THE REAL REEL | Is Larry David an Activist? - Popdust ›
- Harry Potter's Gringotts Goblins Are Anti-Semitic Propaganda ... ›
- Defense Of Sweet Home Alabama— Racist Legacy Is Not Deserved ... ›
- 64+ Anti-Racism Resources - Popdust ›