PETA calls for boycott of 'A Dog's Purpose'
1. After the release of a video from the set of the movie A Dog's Purpose, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (or PETA) has called for a boycott of the film. The leaked video shows a dog being mishandled on set. The German Shepherd was forced to enter a rushing stream of water even when the dog appeared terrified and fought to stay away from it. Later in the video, the dog is completely submerged in the water and people on the set rushed forward toward the dog.
2. Production company Amblin Entertainment issued a statement in response to the video. The company said that the dog in the video, named Hercules, is "happy and healthy" and the production team "followed rigorous protocols to foster an ethical and safe environment for the animals." There were several days of rehearsal for water scenes, according to the statement. On the day of the shoot, Amblin Entertainment said that Hercules did not want to perform the stunt so the shot was not filmed. The statement also said that the "edited footage" would be reviewed.
3. So, are you going to boycott A Dog's Purpose?
Your Thoughts?Weigh In.
"Have you ever thought about how your political views are impacting your relationships? Whether it be a romantic relationship, work relationship, or friendship; this topic can sometimes be a deal breaker. I see a lot of people who post on Facebook or Instagram that they WILL NOT be associated with Trump supporters or they will befriend those who are supporters. I understand the passion that goes with this particular topic of conversation because it most certainly is heavy. That being said, I do not believe that this conversation should be brought up as an introduction or online with your Facebook "friends" or followers...
"Hi my name is Rachel, nice to meet you! Oh by the way, even though I like you as an individual, if you're voting for so-and-so I can't be friendly with you." Sounds weird in that context, ya? Not only does this make someone uncomfortable, it's isolating. You are now wrapped up in a little tiny box that only has people that agree with you (politically) in it. Congrats!
I have a lot of friends that disagree with me politically and often bring up politics when we're out... I will avoid the conversation completely, smile, and take a huge drink of my cocktail. I don't do this because I am disrespecting their opinion, I do this because I respect my relationship with that person more than discussing what side of the street we stand on.
I believe in America, our potential, and most importantly the men and women who fight for this beautiful place we call the United States of America."
Perceptions Of Her is a blog meant for all women alike. Our mission is to uplift, educate, and inspire women on a daily basis to help find inner creativity. Alex will keep you updated weekly on her favorite fashion trends, health & wellness tips, beauty products, and her experience having a full-time job in New York City. Follow @tweetsofher on social media for more updates! We hope you love the blog as much as we do. Cheers!
Meet Kim Davis, Kentucky's infamous courthouse clerk
1) Kim Davis is quite stubborn. Even after federal courts ruled that she must distribute marriage licenses to couples of all types, homosexuals included, Davis refuses to do so. The Kentucky county clerk cites "God's authority" as to exactly why she won't grant marriage licenses.
2) To say Davis is the least liked county clerk in America is an understatement. Those who oppose her look at Davis' own marriage record as a reason why she shouldn't be the one doling out licenses. In fact, Davis has been married four times. Others say she just isn't doing her job.
3) Where do you fall? Does Davis' religious freedom trump Supreme Court rulings?
Your Thoughts?Weigh In.